COVID-19 RESPONSE: THE RIVER CENTER TEMPORARILY CLOSED
Dear Families and Friends of The River Center,
For the health and well-being of the individuals and families we serve as well as our staff and volunteers, The River Center will be closed until April 6. We will reevaluate at that time taking into account the decisions of our local school districts.
We will continue to support families and our community by phone check-ins, video calls, email and one to one meetings when possible. We will be checking voicemail and email on a regular basis and responding to you to the best of our ability. If you or someone you know needs connections to community resources, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.factbook.rivercenter.us for a listing of resources in the Eastern Monadnock Region. Please connect with The River Center on FaceBook and Instagram for support
The River Center cancellations include:
- Moms and More
- Baby group at Monadnock Community Hospital (with MCH and Grapevine)
- Parents of Teens and Tweens
- Tuesday Topics
- Jaffrey Parent group
- Safe Sitter
- The free tax program is closed. Tax payers with returns that are in process will be contacted to finalize their returns.
- The Roving Advocate from Monadnock Center for Violence Prevention will not be holding regular Monday office hours at The River Center for now. She can be reached at (603) 209-4015 or 1-888-511-MCVP
- Susan Howard, Program Manager for Monadnock Area Transitional Shelter, will not be in the office for her regular Tuesday office hours. She can be reached at 924-5033 or email@example.com .
- Southern NH Services Fuel Assistance office remains open Monday through Friday 8:30-4:30. They can be reached at 924-2243.
During this time of uncertainty, we urge you to contact those you know who may be isolated, fearful and in need of encouragement or a practical trip to the grocery store. Please reach out by phone, wave at a neighbor on a walk, smile whenever you can. Even while embracing social distancing, we can support each other through this time.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.
Margaret Nelson, Executive Director
The River Center
A Family and Community Resource Center
For over 20 years The River Center has been supporting the Eastern Monadnock region. Our programs fill a needed void in the communities we serve. Without The River Center, community members would have to drive to Keene or Antrim for the types of programs we provide – a hardship many would not be able to overcome. We have deep roots in the communities we serve and pride ourselves on being responsive to their changing needs.
Strengthening individuals and families through parenting support, free tax assistance and money coaching, and community connections throughout the towns of the Eastern Monadnock Region.
For every individual and family in the Eastern Monadnock region to be strong and vibrant.
MON – THU
9:00am – 2:00pm
FRI - SUN
We are closed